Skip to main content


How to request a certificate

Certificates can be requested in your personal page of the Online Services, selecting "Certificate and self certification request. We can produce:

  • admission certificate
  • career certificate (to apply for a residence permit, tick the box "valid for Questura")
  • tax paid certificate (if applicable)
  • pre-compiled self-certification form

There are two kind of certificate:

  • Self-certification without tax stamps:  only valid between puclic italian administration
  • Certificates with tax stamps: to give directly to the PhD student (i.e.  declarations required for the Residence permit).

The certificates with tax stamps cost 32 euros (16 euros for the request, 16 euros for the revenue stamp). These will be issued with the stamp and signature of an authorized administrative employee of Politecnico.

Because of Law 183/2011 Article 15, starting from 01/01/2012, public administrations or public services operators cannot accept certificates from other public administrations. Interested parties, in the cases above, can only produce self-certifications. The following will be written on these certificates with a tax stamp on them "This certificate, valid in foreign countries, is not valid for public administrations and public services operators"

The tax stamps can be paid online by credit card with PagoPA, then you can:

  • download a digitally signed certificate
  • request the delivery to your home
  • collect it at the desk of the PhD Secretariat, by appointment (see Contacts page)

How to request a certificate? click here

To download a self certification click here

Please note, the certificate will be available after 2 working days from the request .