The Board consists of 5 professors from the Politecnico di Milano and the Head of the PhD School staff. The Board is responsible for:
- defining and certifying the quality of the Degree Programmes with the assistance of the Reference Committee and international reviewers;
- assisting the individual Degree Programmes in stipulating agreements with outside bodies and promoting international cooperation agreements (together with the International Relations Center of the Politecnico di Milano);
- coordinating and promoting interdisciplinary activities between the Degree Programmes including the delivery of three cross-disciplinary courses (Epistemology, Management of Research, Seminars on Research Policies and Institutional Actors);
- adopting measures to coordinate and reinforce the communication system of the individual Degree Programmes;
- acting as a point of reference for the doctoral candidates in matters which cannot be solved at the level of the individual Degree Programmes;
- supporting the interaction between doctoral students / doctors and industry and promoting the placement of doctoral candidates (with the assistance of the Association of Ph.D. students of the Politecnico di Milano);
- supervising the administration of centralized activities related to the Doctoral Programmes.